- Planting and Hardscaping in Northern Virginia
- Inspiration from the Historic Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg
- Is Your Landscape Barbecue Ready?
- Landscape Your Home With Trees and Shrub Plantings
- Winter Landscaping Ideas To Liven Up Your Vienna, VA Home
- Add Rocks to Your Northern Virginia Landscape For Natural Beauty and Function
- Landscaping Style Guide for Northern Virginia Character
- Spring Landscaping Tips For Your Northern Virginia Home
- The Importance Of Choosing A Landscape Design Company For Your Northern Virginia Home
- The Basics Of A Dry Stone Retaining Wall Right For Your Northern Virginia Home
- Create an Outdoor Living Space Through Landscaping
- For the Best Results Match Your Landscaping With the Style of Your Northern Virginia Home
- Incorporating Loose Stone and Rock into Your Northern Virginia Landscape
- Container Gardens Enhance Even the Smallest of Outdoor Spaces
- Rock Gardens Add Low-Maintenance Beauty to Your Northern Virginia Landscape
- How to Augment Your Centreville, Potomac, or Woodbridge Landscape with Stone Walls
- Create Usable Space with a Multi-Level Landscape
- Ten Mistakes to Avoid in Designing Your Landscape
- Extending Spring Cleanup to Your Northern Virginia Property
- Importance of Erosion Landscaping and Drainage In Residential Northern Virginia
- Retaining Walls Both an Aesthetic and Functional Landscape Feature
- Different Elements in Your Landscape Add Interest
- Landscaping in Northern Virginia: Rake or Mulch for a Better Lawn?
- Installing A Soaker Hose
- Reduce the Time Spent Weeding Your Flowerbeds This Summer
- Pruning Shade Trees on Your Newington, VA Property
- Are Underground Sprinklers Right For Your Northern Virginia Lawn?
- Protect Your Northern Virginia Landscape and Plants From Salt and Chemicals this Winter
- Essential Tips for Lawn Mowing Safety
- Rake Your Northern Virginia Yard without Straining Your Back
- Using Vinegar as a Natural Weed Killer
- Smart Watering Tips for Your Lawn
- Pruning 101
- How To Create A Pristine Northern Virginia Landscape
Ponds and Water Features
- Tips on Removing Suds from your Outdoor Water Feature at your Northern Virginia Home
- The Basics of Landscaping and Water Features For Your Great Falls, VA Home
- Add Curb Appeal with Stepping Stones Leading to a Water Feature on you Aldie, VA Property
- Winterizing Your Northern Virginia Small Water Feature
- What is a Formal Water Feature and How Can One Complement Your Landscape?
- Types of Water Plants for Your Northern Virginia Pond
- Adding a Pond or Water Feature To Your Northern Virginia Property
- Bring Life To Your Northern Virginia Pond or Water Feature
- Issues Surrounding Your Northern Virginia Pond or Water Feature
Lighting, Ornaments and Materials
- Are You Considering Outdoor Lighting For Your Middleburg, VA Home? Read This!
- Consider Masonry Projects When Designing Your Newington, VA Landscape
- Choosing the Right Material for Your Outdoor Planters
- Shedding Some Light on Outdoor Lighting
- Incorporating Garden Ornaments in Your Landscape
- The Benefits of Using River Rock in Your Northern Virginia Landscape
Livestock and Wildlife
- Build a Wildlife Oasis With Creative Landscaping
- Landscaping Your Northern Virginia Grounds To Attract More Birds
- Create A Butterfly Garden For Your Northern Virginia Landscape
- Add Interest to Your Landscape With Hummingbirds
- How to Protect Your Northern Virginia or Maryland Garden from Pesky Rabbits
- Landscaping for the Birds
- How to Care for Your Koi Fish
- Ways to Keep Deer from Dining in Your Yard
All About Plants
- Inspiration for Your Landscape from Huntley Meadows, Virginia (near Alexandria)
- Great Flowering Shrubs and Bushes To Enhance Your Home Landscaping
- Consider Shrubs For Added Home Security
- The Best Time To Plant Shrubs On Your Newington, VA Property
- Landscaping Plants That Are Easy To Grow In Northern Virginia Gardens
- Watering Systems For Your Northern Virginia Home And Garden
- Plants Need Water To Survive
- Tips For Planting A Rose Garden At Your Northern Virginia Home
- Topiary for Beginners
- Adding Color to Your Landscape
- Choosing the Right Plants for Pool-Side Landscaping
- Starting Your First Northern Virginia Vegetable Garden
- The Benefits of “Greenscaping” Your Northern Virginia or Maryland Yard
- What Are Native Plants and Why Are They Important?
- Landscaping Tips for your Vienna VA Home: Create a Compost Pile
- 9 Tips for a Glorious Landscape All Year ‘Round
- Rejuvenating Your Home Garden: Decorating Tips
Decks and Patios
- Fun on the Fourth: Party on the Patio
- Benefits of A Flagstone Patio For Your Vienna, VA Backyard
- Cabinets and Sinks For Your Northern Virginia Outdoor Kitchen
- Taking Your Kitchen Outside Add another dimension to your Northern Virginia home
- Patio Design With Urns and Planters Virginia Style
- Keep Your Northern Virginia Deck Colorful Throughout the Winter Months
- Using Focal Points in Patio Design
- Design Your Patio to Be an Outdoor Extension of Your Northern Virginia Home
- Brick Pattern Ideas for Your Northern Virginia Patio
- Flagstone Patios Bring Natural Beauty to Your Northern Virginia Landscape
- Spring Patio Decorating Tips
Container Gardens Enhance Even the Smallest of Outdoor Spaces
Container gardens are an essential tool in landscape design, as the use of containers can create a sense of dimension resembling outdoor rooms. Perfect for any yard or space size, container gardens also add architectural interest and depth to your overall outdoor look. Container gardens also:
- Allow flexible design. If you don’t like the way the pots are arranged, simply move them to create a different look.
- Define landscape spaces. Containers can enclose a certain space, frame a view, or create hallways or rooms in your landscape.
- Enable superior plant growth. By arranging plants with different soil, water, or sun needs in their own containers, you can make sure each plant is exposed to its ideal growing conditions.
- Mark hardscape features. Containers can signal steps or paths throughout your yard.
- Protect vegetables from critters. Vegetables planted in containers that sit off the ground are protected from rabbits and other nibble-prone animals.
- Suit any style. Container gardens can evoke a modern, stark look with simple greenery or even a formal look with cascading colorful flowers.
For more information on how a container garden can do wonders for your Maryland, Virginia, or Washington DC home, contact Lost Creek Landscapes. Providing a full suite of hardscaping and landscaping services, Lost Creek Landscapes serves such communities as Potomac, Reston, and Annandale.